Posted at 7:00 AM May 03, 2010
By Andrea Grimes
Bon matin, Dolls! Here's hoping your horse won on Saturday, your basketball team is winning, and you finally found a good sushi place over the weekend. The world, as it were, was also busy spinning 'round, and the ladynews keep a-coming. Here's what happened:
- Iran gets a spot on U.N. women's rights panel. [VancouverSun] In related news, Dr. Hannibal Lecter has been appointed to a position at the FDA.
- Florida passes law forcing women to pay for an ultrasound before an abortion. [MiamiHerald] Also marks first time in history anyone or anything has aspired to be anything like Oklahoma. So there's that.
- Pregnant women need more vitamin D. [CNN] Technology facilitating the remote diagnosis of millions of women strangely unreported upon by CNN.
- Do women need gender-tailored financial advice? [SeattleTimes] I DON'T KNOW I AM BUT A LADY HERE I TO TO BUY SOME SHOOEEEEEEEZZZZZZ.
- Tiger Woods slept with 121 women. [MoneyTimes] Technology facilitating the remote calculation of sexual partners of massive celebrities also apparently not newsworthy.
- It's "Women Build Week" at Habitat for Humanity. [Examiner] Sit down, get a glass of water and smelling salts if you, like most every news outlet reporting on this story, are in shocked disbelief.