Ads gone bad: "Getaway" from us, Chrysler!

Posted at 2:50 PM Mar 05, 2010

charger.jpg

Per Jezebel today, it looks like we've all been fooled! Yes, us silly ladies have fallen prey to the fox-like tactics of Chrysler (parent company to Dodge) for being all panty-wadded about that atrocious Charger ad that aired during the Super Bowl. See, it was part of their super-smart plan all along to cause outrage! I know I feel a lot better now. Sexism is a thing of the past, and we can all celebrate the wonderful world of equality which, until the airing of that ad, did not exist.

And to prove it, Dodge has come out with an (online only) ad that is meant to prove to women that they, too, can drive Dodge cars with confidence and abandon:

My delicate ladyparts are enthused and invigorated by the knowledge that, if my boyfriend throws all my shit out on the lawn, I can speed away in a big damned car! That will show him! He will be so jealous! Or angry? Or turned-on? Or confused? Like I am, with regard to how this ad is supposed to appeal to ladies? Because it doesn't feature shoes or pink or chocolate? Are we supposed to thank Chrysler for that? Oh, but how my little ladybrain does not comprehend the wily methodology of the Chrysler!

Comments

Calvin said:

Nancy Wilson, for the record, kicks ass!!

psp memory said:

I was seen this video it is very nice and cool I am very glad to watch this car it is so nice and cool one for me.This video is very nice and cool I am very glad.

eeyoreo said:

Maybe the point was that it was HIS car she was driving away in. Still, (and this is assuming HE was the a-hole, women can be, too, remember) it would have been more satisfying if his genitals had somehow been under the tire before she peeled out. Maybe as he was hugging the car screaming "No, please, do anything but take this expensive extension of my manhood!" On a (somewhat) related note, a guy once tried to argue with me that preteen girls loved horses because they were a non-threatening symbol of the male sexual power they were beginning to crave. I told him if that were true they were setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment. I also asked him, in that case, to explain the preteen (and beyond) guy fascination with trains, muscle cars, guns, etc...lol

R. Bauer said:

UM, I don't get it. To me, the gal picks out her car keys because she cares more about her car than about her other things (including her peevish boyfriend). The ad says: "all a lady needs is her hot Dodge Charger." Other stuff? Whatever.
I don't watch the SuperBowl, so I don't know what that ad was like. But I wouldn't expect anything clever or enlightened being shown during the "big game." I would be confused and befuddled were that to occur.

Dweezle said:

Personally, I resent the re-emergence of the Charger as a 4door! Next, I do not care how much advertising, how creative that advertising is; I will never buy a Chrysler product since they begged for American Bailout funds to save American Jobs, then immediately used those bailout funds to send more American Jobs to Mexico.

ebony said:

if that had been me -- i would have crashed his car into the next tree.

two cents.

katching!

ebony said:

if that had been me -- i would have crashed his car into the next tree.

two cents.

katching!

ebony said:

if that had been me -- i would have crashed his car into the next tree.

two cents.