Posted at 3:22 PM Feb 11, 2010By Andrea Grimes
Broadsheet has a fantastic response from La Toya Tooles:
... it's your joke that you have a "Benetton heart and a David Duke" dick that I want to address now. See, I don't begrudge you your sexual preferences; it's your right to screw as many cheerleaders as you want. What bothers me is that you're not the only guy who feels or acts this way. Sometimes, when I stand in a room of white men, I feel unfeminine and unsexual, no matter the strappy heels, the makeup, the dress. I know there are white men out there who find black women attractive, but you, John Mayer -- the guy down enough to be on"Chappelle's Show," the guy so sensitive he writes love songs -- now represent the ones who don't. Maybe you should think a little bit about that.Tooles goes on to talk about the shame (sexual and otherwise) she's come to feel as a black woman in a society ruled by white men. It's poignant and worth reading and, well, nothing I'm going to write here would compare.
But I also got to talking with friends about other celebrities whose verbal diarrhea is similarly legendary, and Heidi Montag came up.
Can you tell which of these quotes is a Mayer, and which is a Montag? Answers after the jump.
1. "I hate being the heartbreaker. Hate it."
2. "There have probably been days when I saw 300 vaginas before I got out of bed."
3. "I plan to win an Oscar. I'm very ambitious."
4. "I used to be so strong, I used to be able to do whatever I want, and then I feel like I've been broken down little by little."
5. "I'll spend four hours not even putting anything into motion, just believing somehow it's going to come my way."
6. [on breast implants] "I do love it and I appreciate the science behind it. How incredible... we [are] blessed to even have this."
How'd you do?