Posted at 7:30 AM Jan 04, 2010
By Andrea Grimes
Feeling chipper and thrilled to be back at your desks after the holiday? Anxious to get started on all those projects you were pushing back until after Drunkcember? I thought you would be. Here's what happened in ladynews over the weekend, which is in no way a procrastination tool to give you something to do on a Monday morning that is not actual work.
- Men For Women Now encourages men to tell women to get mammograms to "save boobs." [MenForWomenNow] Remember ladies, it's not your actual existence that's important, it's the quality and health of your tits. If you don't save your own life, who will get the opportunity to enjoy your big, healthy breasts? Not men, that's for sure. And you owe them that much.
- Pioneering newspaperwoman Deborah Howell has died. [NYT] An inspiration to dedicated reporters and journalists everywhere.
- In praise of gender-equal late night infomercials. [Bitch] What are you doing with your Magic Bullet under that Snuggie?
- Women beaten, abused if they don't sit in the back of some Israeli buses. [Change.org] The beautiful consistency of religious fundamentalism: a new decade, same old shit.
- Statistically speaking, you have probably screwed Warren Beatty. [E!] You and 12,774 of your closest friends. I wonder if he banged any dudes?
- Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin are the most admired women in America. [LA Times] Based on a poll of about 1,000 people. Ladies and gentlemen: science!