Posted at 7:55 AM Dec 21, 2009
By Andrea Grimes
If you were wondering whether or not it's possible for a cat to scratch his box so loud that it would wake a ladyblogger out of a dead sleep, the answer is: yes. My Monday is off to a rollicking start. Here's what happened over the weekend in lady news:
- The LA coroner has tentatively ruled Brittany Murphy's death "natural." [Jez] Natural for a celebrity, in that Perez Hilton has not ceased to be a nosy, speculative asshole about it.
- Anti-choice Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) doesn't know what Roe v. Wade actually says. [Feministe] At this point, trying to squeeze the terms "Republican" and "knowledge" and "facts" and "truth" in one sentence is like completing a Rubik's Cube.
- Amanda Marcotte argues that the public option is potentially more valuable than standing against Stupak-Pitts. [Pandagon] I'm sorry, women of America. Did someone lead you to believe you wouldn't always and forever be asked to compromise your own needs for the larger good? Go make me a sandwich. It's in your best interest.
- At the 11th hour, an Oklahoma judge blocked women getting abortions' private information from being posted online. [Broadsheet] Making info available online is supposed to gather information on how to prevent future abortions. Because nobody likes to screw with Big Brother in the room. Awkward!
- Feminist reasons for loving sports. [Bitch] No snark here. I'm in total agreement.