Posted at 3:00 PM Dec 04, 2009
By Andrea Grimes
In addition to my regular Friday afternoon roundup, I'm going to link to this beautiful and funny and heart-warming video Portland filmmaker T'chaka Sikelianos and the Brooklyn branch of his family made after their 4-year-old went on a hippie-dippy peace rant.
And here are some ladythings:
Happy weekend, Dolls!
- Is being single making us fat? Well, at least one of us, apparently. [College Candy] Linked especially for the "things to melt cheese on" line.
- Uganda's bill to execute homosexuals is likely to pass. [Feministing] Luckily, America's own Rick Warren is helping the anti-LGBT crusade there! So proud. So proud. What was it Jesus said? "Kill the fucking homos?" Something like that.
- Kate Harding can't fight the feminist fight against the plastic surgery tax. [Broadsheet] This boat, I am in it.
- Rape on college campuses is often covered up. [Jezebel] Other things buried in college: your thesis statement.
- Would a clothesline make you feel special? [Sociological Images] Lines of any kind are best avoided, methinks.
- UGH CHEETAHS. [Sexist]
- UGH CHEETAHS II: PANDAGON BOOGALOO [Pandagon]