Posted at 12:00 PM Aug 13, 2009
Afternoon, Dolls! Last day of the round-up as summer draws to a close. I've had a great time, and thanks for having me aboard. Now, here's the news:
- Introducing ... Twilight-inspired Barbie figurines! (Jezebel) Man, even Robert Pattinson dolls look moody and sullen.
- Flying in the face of absolutely nothing I believed to be true, a study has revealed that men are less particular than women when it comes to one-night stands (Science Daily). Someone supplied money for this study. Someone gave up money that could have gone to charity and instead gave it to this study.
- Here's an article investigating where the winners of Project Runway, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, and other reality shows are now (USA Today). If you're anything like me, you'll spend your perusal saying, "oh, yeah ... her," and "oh, right, that guy," and "What? That was 5 years ago??"
- Women's boxing just might be welcomed into the Olympic games in 2012 (BBC News). If ping-pong gets in, then surely women's boxing should too.
- A mother updated her Twitter feed all through her 13-year-old daughter's surgery (KSHB Kansas City). First, Twitter as a news source. Now, Twitter as a coping mechanism? I guess it's as good as any other. [Ed. note--it is not as good as whiskey. This cold glass of Jack just told me so.]
- After weeks of delay, Myanmar opposition leader Suu Kyi was finally sentenced to 18 more months of house arrest (WSJ). Just in case you needed an excuse to be pissed off at a military junta.